Tuesday, January 5, 2016

I resolve to...

oh! Happy New Year! 

It is a refreshing time of year. I can clearly vision my "better self". Feelings of optimism are flowing. I also sense a battle rumbling. One with my own integrity! Who will be victorious? The new me? Or my old self? When considering resolutions for the business, I decided to stack odds in my favor by selecting ones that simultaneously make me happy and create a positive butterfly effect. 

Sow roots in our community

Chef Darrin and I want to support and collaborate with the businesses in the area.  The Chamber of Commerce in Wheaton seems like a good start. Their goal is to foster business relationships, advocate for local economy, and develop business education and opportunities. I just registered oh! and I look forward to getting to know fellow business owners very soon.



Organize an effort

The question, "What are you doing for others?" regularly pops up in my mind. Darrin and I intend to create an avenue for community members to join us in donating food to civil service workers to thank them. We plan to put together a team to serve the underprivileged. This is a tough one because we are in the beginning stages of organzing. But where there is will, there is a way. 





Cultivate a garden

This one is personal. I interned at an organic farm and I managed personal garden beds when I lived in Austin, TX. Gardening is tedious in terms of prepping the soil, properly planting the seeds, weeding, and fertilizing. But the grand prize of harvesting fresh vegetables is so delicious! Having a garden inspries me as a chef, so it is a win-win for my home meals and oh!'s menu development.




For the love of food,
Chef Jeanine

No comments:

Post a Comment